Corporate Social Responsibility
Pueblo de Oro’s Corporate Social Responsibility programs are designed to create value for the communities and the environment.
Its long-term commitment to education, healthcare, economic improvement and environmental sustainability ensures its residents of a lifestyle that is safe and worry-free in an environment that is conducive to raising a family.
Pioneering Green Living
Pueblo de Oro has always believed in putting quality design and responsible engineering into its developments. For more than 20 years now, the Company has consistently paid attention to environmental protection, flood control measures, and green living for its homeowners.
Working with Nature to Protect our Environment
Long before eco-friendly or green features became the prevailing global trend, Pueblo de Oro has already been committed to protecting the environment through the following programs:
- Sustained efforts to maintain, restore and protect a 40-hectare urban forest at the heart of the township, that is in close coordination with the DENR.
- Use of organic herbicides and fertilizers cut down the use of chemicals to maintain greens
- Regular tree planting activities and promotion of garbage separation among residents
- Support for e-vehicles and shuttles services cuts down on noise and air pollution.
Flood Control Measures
- Geohazard and hydrological studies determine flood control measures for all its developments.
- Elevated developments by an average height of 1.5 to 2 meters above its original level.
- Installed drainage systems that allow rainwater to spread through different canals, which also serves as a reservoir for irrigation.
- Outflow and detention pond in the lower portion of the Township to contain water runoff from the plateau to the valley before dispersal into the creeks helps protect the areas downhill from flooding.
- Installed bank protection and erosion mitigation such as gabions, riprap and soil filling at Westwoods in Cagayan de Oro.
Pueblo de Oro , through its foundation and social development arm, the ICCP Group Foundation, Inc. (IGFI), has been recognized by various housing associations for its outstanding social welfare initiatives for its adopted communities.
“Corporate social responsibility has been the foundation of ICCP Group’s corporate culture and the Group will continue designing programs that will further promote sustainable development while fulfilling its social responsibilities through its innovative CSR models.”
ICCP Group and IGFI Chairman Guillermo D. Luchangco
- Intensified job placement activities and need-based skills training and workshops.
- Sustainable relief programs for typhoon-hit areas and special humanitarian assistance for victims and family of victims. Notable projects include restoration of fishing boats in an islet whose livelihood is mainly fishing; and the distribution of fast-growing vegetable seeds for farming.
- Rehabilitation of public schools and municipal resource center or library; and provision of educational materials and equipment.